President Barack Obama could be guilty of flip-flopping, a term given to mainly politicians that say or do one thing, but the opposite later on.
I say this because he voted against the Iraq war as a junior senator, however has taken him since 2009 to wind down the effort there. That means he has obviously changed his mind since he was inaugurated then become president by doing what he has done, by not ending the war as soon as his vote back then had also would have suggested.
I don't know of any major betrayals in world political history, do you? It has somewhat happened here. The current government organised a vote to find out how many of the population were for or against smacking their children as part of, as a right wing lobby group put it,"good parental correction". The overwhelming result was eighty percent for repealing the "anti-smacking" law and the remaining twenty against.
The government ignored the peoples decision after a reported eight million dollar taxpayer expenditure and the vote being held up and down the country. In New Zealand, that is an example of what I am talking about. And why I could not be voting for that party come this election this year. It is so typical of the right to do that anyway and can tie in with other topics on this blog bringing a better understanding.
Politics is like an ongoing game. There are winners, there are losers. Before one has been decided, that is when the gameplay happens. They're not trying to kill each other, though. They all want to bring change about for their people. There have been few that haven't.
The scene me and you are witnessing on the world stage, of the war on terrorism, is one that can be likened to events of the eighteenth century because of the enormity of change. The conquering.
Until next time, because I think I have cocaine in my system.
No comments:
Post a Comment