To you, this will give you an idea of my location. Don't stalk me. Otherwise, I might kill you.
This entry is about the take-over I have noticed of this province, the Bay of Plenty, by the mighty Waikato. Our north western neighbouring province.
The Bay of Plenty Steamers, our provincial rugby union team, do not have a place in the Super 14 competition for various reasons. With that, the Waikato Chiefs do. They have decided to consider themselves the "Mt. Maunganui Chiefs", the Bay of Plenty as "Chiefs Country", or "Waikato Chiefs Country". It doesn't make sense. What has happened can be regarded as a take-over by the Waikato rugby union. More nonsense, that said the Eastern Bay of Plenty is "the heart of Chiefs country". If I was in the "heart", I would be in Cambridge of the province.
I think I would rather be backing our Steamers instead of our attention attempted to be diverted away from them to a Super 14 team that makes us feel like we're one of them, when we really aren't. As for the Waikato Draught flowing here... it always has, but that doesn't mean we should forget who we really are, the people of the Bay of Plenty.
Heres hoping for an eventual inclusion in the Super 14 competition. Then, we won't have to feel like we're somebody we aren't.
It could happen?
No comments:
Post a Comment