I haven't seen this movie yet and I don't think I really want to. The point I will make however is, Hollywood is trying to sell the war on terrorism to all of us with the action in Libya happening simultaneously.
Cheap. And I think I can even call it disgraceful.
Where was Hollywood during Dubya? I don't remember those clowns running to aid his agenda like this, in this way, back then. Am I looking at this the wrong way? What if Libyans (being the aliens) invaded that city and had to fight, fittingly, the Marines? The United States, I believe, have decided to stay out of Libya on second thought.
Then, its like Avatar by James Cameron. Movies such as that and this 2011 offering are provoking thought about the war on terrorism. A war that is going to end suddenly one day apparently.
If Hollywood gets it wrong, then watch out. For now, the liberalised movie industry reverses roles and has done so again with the war as motivation it seems. It is almost as if the movie was made timed to have some kind of social sway after release.

"Its all over people! We don't have a prayer!" - Reverend Lovejoy
No comments:
Post a Comment