When I am dead, I would like to be remembered as being the innocent victim of a conspiracy to murder by the United States government and their criminal associates. If I stop posting entries on this blog, I will only do so after that being made known here to you, the reader. -- 24/1/12 (NOTE: Blogger froze on me mysteriously and I unwittingly deleted my old welcome message, I had to make up another one.)




Monday, December 6, 2010

Exercise fail

Since last week I began jogging and or running almost ten kilometres!  I'm not a lean mean exercise machine but when I actually did the ten kilometres the first time I came back home and still today, I can't believe I did that.  Before, I was running three kilometres and could do that distance sometimes without stopping to catch my breath.

The ten kilometres, well, I have to move alot slower (actually, not much slower) to complete the longer distance.  Over winter, I was persuaded to eat carton after carton of cookies and cream ice cream and as a result, gained three kilograms.  After I realised how stupid that was I spent the remainder of winter trying to lose the weight I gained.  It is almost the peak of summer and according to weigh-ins I have lost one kilogram.  I dreamt of having a beach body for summer but there is still work to be done.

I do look slim.  I'm not overweight.  But I am at a medium weight for my height.  Before all the ice cream and potato chips over winter I was down to fifty eight kilograms which is one kilogram shy of being underweight!  What I need to do it seems is continue to tone.  But I am putting in so much effort and achieving little.  I am dieting and have been following the Medifast diet.  I should find a diet that is more appropriate.

I will admit that when I'm in a house full of food I just eat and eat.  I must be filling some emotional need?  Or it could be simply how I am programmed.

Today, I tried to do the long distance run again but I failed.  My legs were tired from doing it four times before, sweat kept stinging my eyes but I don't think I will give up.  I must need to rest more before I go again or go back to doing the three kilometre run.

No comments:

Post a Comment