When I am dead, I would like to be remembered as being the innocent victim of a conspiracy to murder by the United States government and their criminal associates. If I stop posting entries on this blog, I will only do so after that being made known here to you, the reader. -- 24/1/12 (NOTE: Blogger froze on me mysteriously and I unwittingly deleted my old welcome message, I had to make up another one.)




Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Globalisation

It is unfair for the United States to receive flak for globalisation as it is today by anti-globalisation protesters.  However, globalisation has caught on in Asia and Europe.  I believe globalisation can be a good thing depending on how it influences society.  One could make the argument about the employees of globalised companies - their conditions, their pay, their rights.  But if they don't like it, nothing is forcing them to stay!

mcdonalds-logo.JPGWorking for a fast food conglomerate can come so easy for people nowadays such as McDonald's.  McDonald's could leave somebody with that being their only option.  I worked for Burger King once - I was off my medication.

I bet when you mention the word globalisation, McDonald's instantly springs to mind.  Why?  Probably because they have been involved in so much scandal.  The McLibel case of England, reports of spoilt food (not just their meat), ketchup that has a copyright of 1984.

The new world order has a part to play in globalisation too.  Mainly through public relations.  The phrase,"I'm lovin' it".  A totally ridiculous phrase that is thought provoking and can play on your mind.

I can tell you, that is worshipping the new world order.  Would you like fries with that?  No thank you!

A good example of globalisation is Subway.  I ate two Big Mac hamburgers once and my feces turned out green when I excreted it out into my toilet.  I kid you not.  I was suppost to be on a diet at the time.

Globalisation may be less of a threat if it did more good than harm and I understand how globalisation ties in with capitalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment