In the words of Robert DeNiro,"One of you is a rat". GameInformer.
I think I still prefer Official Xbox Magazine. One, because I only own an Xbox 360. Two, OXM doesn't overwhelm you with columns of small printing on almost every page. And three, you get a disc that if you get one really good playable demo, e.g. Tropico 3, Colin McCrae DiRT 2, Guitar Hero: Metallica - is worth the price of like three magazines and more! OXM evidently is being slowly stripped down, however. I am really at a loss to explain why.
I was happy to read about the Medal of Honor/Taleban controversy in the latest issue of GameInformer. I have commented about this on another site. Operation Fallujah, another realistic type war simulation, was based on the siege of Fallujah. In Medal of Honors case, its only until players can simulate Taleban or now "OPFOR", there is an outrage. What about games like Wolfenstein that you can play as Nazi's of the Third Reich? Yakuza? Mafia 1 and 2? If its okay to play as those characters in those other games then lets get ready to behead some American infidel in Medal of Honor! They should have no exception.
The families that complained don't appreciate and understand Medal of Honor. They don't see it like we do. Given that, it is for the wrong reasons, though. We think shooting an American soldier is fun as a Taleban militant. There is no capacity for the game Medal of Honor in multiplayer to be seen, to be really understood any other way besides that. The intention of Electronic Arts wasn't to put out a game like Medal of Honor to insult the war effort. Medal of Honor in campaign mode is suppost to tell a story. That is something the families should recognise.
No comments:
Post a Comment